DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
At Greenhall Motors Ltd, we take the protection of your data seriously. We want you to feel confident that we are keeping your data secure, and that we handle and process it in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation.
This Statement describes what personal information we collect and how we use your personal information, what we use your data for and how we safeguard it.
You have a number of rights in relation to your information including the right to object to processing of your personal information where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interests.
When you purchase a motor vehicle from us or when you choose to have a vehicle repaired or serviced by us, we, the Dealer, will be one of the companies responsible for handling your personal information (known as a "controller" under data protection law).
What we collect
We typically ask you for personal details when you purchase a vehicle or engage our services to repair or service a vehicle. The personal information collected by us includes your name address, contact information, telephone number, email address, finance information(in relation to the purchase of a vehicle), and any other details furnished by you.
What we do with your information
The information provided by you is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
· Manufacturer of Your Vehicle & Their Distributor: We pass your personal information on to the manufacturer of the vehicle you purchase and/or their appointed distributor in Ireland for the purposes of warranty, safety, recall and customer satisfaction surveys. If you consent we will also pass your information to the manufacturer distributor of the vehicle you purchase or their appointed distributor in Ireland for marketing activities. The manufacturer or its appointed distributor may contact you separately about their use of your information.
· Revenue Commissioners: When you purchase a new motor vehicle from us we will use your personal information to register the motor vehicle with the Revenue Commissioners to pay any VRT and VAT on the vehicle or,where applicable to apply for a VRT, VAT and/or motor tax exemption on your behalf, as required by law. We may also use your personal information to comply with any obligation under anti-money laundering legislation, for the purposes of any statutory audit or for any other legal obligation to which we are subject.
· Third Party Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third party service provides that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf such as our accountants, IT service providers, printers, lawyers and other business advisors, marketing companies who carry out marketing campaigns on our behalf and providers of security and administration services.
· Insurance Companies and Motor Assessors: In the case of service of repair, we may pass your information to insurance companies and/or motor assessors appointed by you, a third party or an insurance company, where any portion of the costs of repairs or work being carried out by us is covered under an insurance policy.
· Potential Sale of the Dealer: We may also transfer your personal information to companies we plan to merge with or be acquired by.
How do we secure your data?
At Greenhall Motors, securing your personal data is extremely important to us, which is why we take appropriate measures to protect your data through the services provided by our IT Company,
We may hold your personal information for a period of 7 years from the date of completion of the contract or from the end date of any warranty period, whichever is the later. We may hold this data for a longer period if we are legally required to do so. Length of storage depends on the type of data and how we use it. When we make a decision on what data to keep we consider the information we need to best provide you with our products and services, to help us manage your relationship with us, and to make sure we can meet certain statutory obligations.
Interaction with Social Media Networks
You may contact Greenhall Motors Ltd. via our Social Media Channels. E.g., if you send us a message or post something on our Social Media Channels, we may use the information in your message or post to follow-up with you on the issue you contacted us for via the Social Media Channel which you used.
Transfers outside of the European Economic Area
In the event that we may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area. These countries do not always afford an equivalent level of privacy protection and in such circumstances we will take specific steps, in accordance with data protection law, to protect your personal information. In particular, for transfers of personal data, outside the EEA where there is no adequacy decision by the European Commission we may rely on contractual protections approved by the European Commission.
You have ultimate control over your personal data. You can check what type of personal data we hold about you and what we do with that information. You can rectify or erase any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
If you do not want us to send you relevant offers or marketing information you can opt out at any time, by notifying us by phone, email or in person, you can also opt out using the link or text option at the bottom of any marketing email or text you receive from us.
How can I access my data?
If you want to get a copy of your personal data we hold, please write to:
Data Protection Officer
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
These rights are in some circumstances limited by data protection legislation. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us. We will endeavour to respond to your request within a month. If we are unable to deal with your request within a month we may extend this period by a further two months and we will explain why.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the office of the Data Protection Commission.